Melissa has substantial experience representing victims of privacy and data breaches as well as consumer and financial fraud. She serves as a vital asset throughout the class action and complex litigation process. Joining the FeganScott team in 2020, Melissa is one of the key attorneys at the firm’s New York office.
Prior to joining FeganScott, Melissa was a partner at a boutique litigation firm in New York and at Milberg, a national class action firm. Before that, she was an associate for a securities litigation firm in its New York, NY and New Orleans, LA offices.
Melissa earned her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School, where she was on the Moot Court Board. She also attended UC Berkeley Law School where she was on the California Law Review and received High Honors in Securities and Class Action Litigation. She earned her Bachelor of Science from Florida State University.
During law school, Melissa externed for two federal judges, the Honorable Jerry Brown, Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Louisiana and the Honorable Jay C. Zainey of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana. She was also a faculty writing instructor at Tulane University’s Freeman School of Business and completed a summer clerkship with the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office.
Benchmark Litigation has twice named Melissa to the “40 & Under Hot List” and The Legal 500 recognized her as a “Next Generation Partner” and “Recommended Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution: e-Discovery. She was recognized in Crain’s New York Business: Notable Women in Law. And she has been named to the New York Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list each year for more than ten consecutive years.
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Over 15 years representing plaintiffs in class actions and complex cases
- Millions of dollars recovered for consumers, investors, and businesses
- Benchmark Litigation: “40 & Under Hot List” (2018, 2020)
- The Legal 500: “Next Generation Partner” and “Recommended Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution: e-Discovery (2020)
- Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2011–2022)
- Crain’s New York Business: Notable Women in Law (2021)