Greg has substantial and diverse experience in both the state and federal courts, working on cases that involve affirmative and defensive civil litigation. including parallel criminal proceedings, the investigation and prosecution of whistle blower, False Claims Act, healthcare fraud, and governmental liability matters, and many other complex litigation cases. Joining the FeganScott team in 2020, Greg leads the firm’s Austin, Texas office.
At the federal level, Kinskey recently served as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA), the Affirmative Civil Enforcement (ACE) Lead and the Civil Healthcare Fraud (HCF) Coordinator for the United States Attorney’s Office. At the state level, he served as an Assistant Attorney General with the Civil Medicaid Fraud Division of the Texas Attorney General’s Office, where he led national teams in the investigation, litigation, negotiation, and settlement of False Claims Act, qui tam, and healthcare fraud cases. Kinskey began his career as a trial attorney in private practice in Pennsylvania and Texas.
While Kinskey has worked extensively on fraud cases, one of his most notable cases was United States of America ex rel. Louis Longo v. Wheeling Hospital, Inc. et al, which alleged that Wheeling Hospital, located in in Wheeling, West Virginia, violated the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, and that those violations were caused by R & V, Wheeling’s contracted management consultant, and Violi, Wheeling’s CEO.
Kinskey earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. He also earned his Bachelor of Arts at Tulane University in New Orleans.
Greg is licensed in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Texas Supreme Court, West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, United States Court of Appeals, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Circuits, United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, and Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Circuits
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
- Recovered millions for taxpayers leading and serving on state, federal, and national teams in fraud and qui tam (whistleblower) cases.
- Raised thousands in support of cancer causes through athletic endurance events, including Team In Training (the flagship fundraising program for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services) and the Livestrong Foundation (to support cancer survivors and programs that serve people affected by cancer).
- Extensive trial, mediation, arbitration, and appellate experience.
- National federal and state litigation experience on behalf of plaintiffs, defendants, and governments.
- Avid cyclist (and recovering tri-athlete).