Megan Shannon is as an associate attorney at FeganScott’s Chicago office. In this role, she helps prosecute class action cases across the firm’s numerous practice areas, with particular attention on data privacy.
Prior to joining FeganScott, Megan was an associate attorney with Stephan Zouras LLP, where she started as a law clerk in 2017. After starting as an associate attorney in 2019, Megan independently managed over thirty complex class action cases, most of which focused on Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA”) claims and wage and hour matters under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Through her BIPA practice, Megan gained invaluable experience litigating matters of first impression, including assisting in various appeals to the Seventh Circuit and Illinois Appellate Court.
Megan earned her Juris Doctor from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where she graduated cum laude with a certificate in Workplace Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. During her time at Chicago-Kent, Megan held the position of student editor for the Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal and served as a fundraising event chair for the Kent Justice Foundation. As a law student, Megan interned in the City of Chicago Legal Department’s Labor Division. She earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in political science and international studies from Loyola University Chicago.
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Practicing law since 2019
- Experienced in class actions, individual cases, and administrative proceedings
- Megan enjoys traveling, hiking, and cooking in her free time
- Lived in Vigo, Spain for one year working as an English teaching assistant in a Spanish high school
- More than $1 million recovered on behalf of employees in class and collective actions