Acclaimed class action attorney Elizabeth Fegan fights for victims of sexual abuse, discrimination, consumer fraud, antitrust violations and other offenses.
Beth is on the vanguard in the legal battles surrounding sexual assault, abuse and harassment. She currently serves as lead counsel in the class action lawsuit against disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, and is an expert in claims of sexual abuse and sex trafficking.
Frequently named among the best lawyers in America, courts regularly appoint Beth to lead national class action cases, citing her robust experience, legal prowess and dedication to excellence and equity.
- United States District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- District of Colorado
- Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Circuits
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- $1 billion recovered for clients
- 24 years practicing law
- Millions of victims represented
- Dozens of cases successfully settled
- Regularly selected as lead attorney
- 5 children raised (a work in progress!)
Timothy Scott is a founding member of FeganScott with more than two decades of experience. He has advocated on behalf of a wide range of clients, from individuals in catastrophic personal injury cases to classes of consumers and corporate defendants in highly complex, multi-district litigation.
As a partner, Tim serves many corporate clients in commercial litigation matters involving breaches of contracts, deceptive business practices, defaults in financing and security agreements, and breaches of representations and warranties.
Tim has extensive experience in class action litigation including cases involving antitrust and consumer fraud, often serving as lead or co-lead counsel in these complex cases.
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Millions recovered for clients
- 22 years practicing law
- Dozens of EEOC and IDHR cases successfully settled
- Completed 25 marathons
- International and local arbitration experience
- Member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- DeKalb native
Attorney Lynn Ellenberger fights for victims of injustice, challenging civil rights violations and wrongful convictions.
In 2019, Lynn joined FeganScott and opened its Pittsburgh office. She joins in the firm’s fight against sexual abuse, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, consumer fraud and civil rights violations.
Lynn has been an author and speaker at both the state and national levels on the topics of mental illness, intellectual disabilities, the death penalty, appellate practice, medical liability and a variety of business-related issues.
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, and Western District of Pennsylvania.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits
- Fights for constitutional and civil rights
- Nearly three decades practicing law
- Overturned improper convictions and death sentences
- National trial and appellate experience
Attorney Jessica Meeder has a proven record of excellence in complex, class action litigation and a history of fighting for victims of catastrophic personal injury.
In 2019, Jessica joined FeganScott and opened its Washington D.C. office. She joins in the firm’s fight against sexual abuse and harassment, employment discrimination, consumer fraud and civil rights violations.
Jessica serves as the Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Section on Toxic, Environmental and Pharmaceutical Torts. She is also a regular participant of the Duke Law Judicial Studies Center’s Diversity Conference.
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan, Maryland and District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Helped secure significant settlements for female patients who were sexually abused by their physician
- Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Section on Toxic, Environmental and Pharmaceutical Torts
- Practicing law since 2005
- Member of the Maryland Association for Justice and Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
Experienced in securities litigation and shareholder derivative litigation, Jonathan joined FeganScott in 2020, opening the firm’s New York City office.
Before joining FeganScott, Jonathan was an associate at the New York-based firm Pomerantz LLP, where his practice focused on federal securities litigation. Jonathan has extensive experience developing and executing complex discovery processes. Jonathan has also worked alongside economic and legal experts to obtain numerous precedent–setting decisions.
Jonathan earned his Juris Doctor from Hofstra University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts in economics from Queens College – City University of New York.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third and Tenth Circuits
- Editor of Hofstra Law’s Journal of International Business and Law
- Practicing law since 2015
- New York native
- Jonathan is an avid hiker who, alongside his wife, strives to keep pace with their Australian Shepherd. When unable to make it out of the city, Jonathan spends his free time attending concerts and learning new instruments.
Melissa Ryan Clark
Experienced in complex litigation and eDiscovery, Melissa joined FeganScott in the New York City office in 2020.
Melissa has a wealth of experience representing plaintiffs in class and complex actions against tech companies like Apple, Google, and Facebook, publicly traded companies like Virgin Mobile USA and ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and large financial institutions, including Bank of America, HSBC, and Wells Fargo.
Melissa is also a nationally recognized eDiscovery practitioner with experience leading discovery in complex cases and MDLs. She has been invited to speak on various eDiscovery hot topics and has been recognized by Legal 500 as a “Next Generation Partner” and “Recommended Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution: E-Discovery.
Melissa earned her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School and also attended UC Berkeley Law School. She earned her Bachelor of Science from Florida State University.
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- 13 years representing plaintiffs in class actions and complex cases
- 10+ years advocating for civics education as part of the New York Bar Association’s Law Youth & Citizenship Committee
- Millions of dollars recovered for consumers, investors, and businesses
- Born in Kansas and has lived in 8 other states
In 2020, former Assistant United States Attorney and Assistant Attorney General Greg Kinskey joined the FeganScott team in the Austin, Texas office, bringing his substantial and diverse experience at both the federal and state levels.
At the federal level, Kinskey recently served as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA), the Affirmative Civil Enforcement (ACE) Lead and the Civil Healthcare Fraud (HCF) Coordinator for the United States Attorney’s Office. Through his work, he was awarded highest possible Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating of AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5) in both legal ability and ethical standards.
Greg earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts at Tulane University in New Orleans.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Circuits
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
- Recovered millions for taxpayers leading and serving on state, federal, and national teams in fraud and qui tam (whistleblower) cases.
- Raised thousands in support of cancer causes through athletic endurance events, including Team In Training (the flagship fundraising program for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services) and the Livestrong Foundation (to support cancer survivors and programs that serve people affected by cancer).
- Extensive trial, mediation, arbitration, and appellate experience.
- National federal and state litigation experience on behalf of plaintiffs, defendants, and governments.
- Avid cyclist (and recovering tri-athlete).
In 2020, California licensed attorney Ravi Sakthivel joined the FeganScott team as a Staff Attorney in its San Diego office. With over a decade of experience in both the private and public sector, Ravi brings a wealth of experience in case management, research, and document review.
Most recently, Ravi worked as a staff attorney at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd and a document review attorney at TCDI. His work has guided the decisions of many legal teams and improved document production quality for advanced document review and discovery.
Ravi earned his Doctor of Law from the University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts at University of California, Santa Cruz.
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern District of California
- Practicing law since 2008
- Lived and worked in Shanghai, China for three years as a lawyer-linguists training legal professionals
- Treasurer and board member of the South Asian Bar Association of San Diego (“SABA-SD”)
- On the board of the McGeorge Alumni Board of Directors
- Member of both the Lawyers Club of San Diego and the San Diego County Bar Association
- Holds a Relativity Certified User Certificate
How We Work
After you first reach out to us, we schedule an intake call with you to determine whether your needs align with the services we provide. If they do, we invest a significant amount of time in pre-lawsuit investigation. During this process, we speak and meet with you, review all your documents, determine whether to engage experts and conduct legal research. Then we make a recommendation based on your options, up to and including filing a lawsuit.
Throughout, we explain the process clearly and thoroughly so that you understand your choices and can make an informed decision on how you want to move forward.
If FeganScott agrees to represent you, you gain a true advocate. Our lawyers have experience in every relevant forum, from administrative hearings to arbitrations to high-level federal courts — and we’ve won important victories in each of them.
We are fully committed to keeping you informed from start to finish. From sharing every related document, to answering any and all questions you may have, FeganScott is committed to transparency and keeping an open line of communication. The exchange of information is critical to effective representation. You will always have our contact information – email and telephone.
We understand that most people have never been involved in the legal process before and it can be very confusing and unsettling. If you must appear in a courtroom or other formal setting, we’ll prepare you carefully and be by your side at every appearance.
We can’t guarantee a particular outcome for your case, but what we can promise you is a highly skilled team of attorneys who believe in justice and compassion, using insight gained over decades of courtroom success and cutting-edge legal tactics to act as zealous advocates on your behalf.
For some types of cases, like personal injury and class actions, we believe our interests should be aligned with our clients’ interests. That means we think we should only get paid if we win.
At FeganScott, we primarily work with clients on a contingent fee agreement. This means we do not bill you by the hour. Rather, our fees depend on our collective success. In the event we are successful for you in your personal action, we will be paid an agreed-upon percentage of the money recovered for you. If we are successful in a class action, we will be paid in amount approved by the Court.
We welcome the opportunity to explore a variety of fee arrangements, including hourly billing, flat monthly fees, partial contingency fees, and similar alternatives. We are flexible depending on our clients’ needs. In virtually every matter, some portion of our fee is based on the outcome of the case.